- This event has passed.
Driving Officials Course – Equestrian Canada
March 26 @ 11:00 am – March 27 @ 8:00 pm
This training is open to any Canadian sport license holder, and will cover the theory component for maintaining or updating your credentials, or for becoming a learner TD or Judge. You will be eligible to apply for your credentials, and take the on-line exam, after completion. The practical shadowing experience may then be completed at events in your own area.
INSTRUCTORS: Doug Orr, Senior TD, and Francois Bergeron, Senior and FEI 2* Judge.
FORMAT: approximately 8 hours of instruction, conducted virtually (ZOOM platform), split into four blocks (no more than 2 hours in front of the screen per session):
· Saturday, March 26, 11:00am – 1:00pm Eastern time, and 6:00pm – 8:00pm Eastern time
· Dressage: set up, judging for singles and multiples, scoring issues with video sessions, emphasis on the gaits, etc.
· Cones: course design & measurement, set up & calculation of allowed times, running the competition, rules & scoring, volunteer briefing.
· Sunday, March 27, 11:00am – 1:00pm Eastern time, and 6:00pm – 8:00pm Eastern time
· Preparing the Marathon Course: design issues & parameters, set up & measurement, rules, potential issues you may encounter that may impact approval of a course, modification options.
· Judging and Running the Marathon: competitor & volunteer briefing, practical &safety issues, scoring & ways to assist the scorer to increase efficiency and minimize error.
Equestrian Canada – Hilary MacDonald Co-ordinator, Officials & Competition Services